Health & Safety
The COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving situation, and all guidelines posted here are subject to change at any time prior to the start of WORLDSymposium 2022. Regardless of any updates or changes to these Health & Safety guidelines and policies, WORLDSymposium 2022 will be a LIVE meeting.
At this time, ALL attendees at the LIVE WORLDSymposium 2022 must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 prior to arrival in San Diego, or have received a negative PCR or antigen COVID-19 test within 24 hours of picking up their registration badge at the conference venue. If you cannot or choose not to comply with WORLDSymposium’s health and safety protocols, or if you are unable to travel to San Diego, CA, please join the VIRTUAL meeting online for live-streamed sessions, Q&A, and other interactive features.
Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test will be required. All attendees pre-registered for the LIVE meeting will receive an email by the end of December with a link to a secure, HIPAA-compliant verification site. Attendees will be able to provide vaccination information well in advance of the conference, and will then receive clearance to attend WORLDSymposium 2022 in-person. WORLDSymposium staff and personnel will have no access to the information submitted to the verification site, WORLDSymposium will only receive notification that the attendee did or did not complete the verification, and whether the verification was approved. Persons who choose the negative test option will be required to complete the verification within 24 hours prior to arrival at WORLDSymposium 2022.
WORLDSymposium will comply with all state and federal requirements, and WORLDSymposium reserves the right to modify or eliminate the option of negative testing at any time should federal or state mandates change.
In addition, the current policy will be for ALL persons within the WORLDSymposium meeting campus to wear a face mask covering BOTH their nose and mouth at all times while they are indoors. This includes attendees, and all accompanying persons.
By attending WORLDSymposium 2022 in person, you are confirming that you:
- Are fully vaccinated or have received a negative PCR or antigen COVID-19 test within 24 hours of picking up your registration badge at the conference venue.
- Are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov
- Are not under any self-quarantine orders
- Acknowledge and will abide by all applicable regulations and health and safety protocols
If you will not be fully vaccinated by the time of WORLDSymposium 2022 and are registered for the LIVE meeting, you may change your registration to VIRTUAL via the registration website. Please visit our Registration page to modify your registration.
*“Fully vaccinated” means that either three weeks have passed since receiving the second dose of an FDA- or WHO-authorized double-dose COVID-19 vaccine or that three weeks have passed since receiving the one dose of an FDA- or WHO-authorized single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Any decisions regarding a requirement for “booster shots” will be posted as the FDA and CDC guidelines evolve.
WORLDSymposium is committed to maintaining the health and safety of all WORLDSymposium 2022 attendees, and the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization guidelines as well as industry best practices will be incorporated. WORLDSymposium will be closely coordinating with the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and actively monitoring local conditions, risk factors, and applicable laws, regulations, and guidance. Because these factors are frequently changing, this page will continue to be updated as new guidance is released.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the health and safety protocols for WORLDSymposium 2022. WORLDSymposium is looking forward to seeing everyone in San Diego!
WORLDSymposium is unable to provide resources for on-site COVID-19 testing for attendees. Please complete your COVID-19 screening test prior to arrival at WORLDSymposium.
Venue & Hotel
- The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego will be monitoring and following the CDC, WHO, and local health department’s guidelines. Please visit the Manchester Grand Hyatt website and view Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment for detailed information about the steps Hyatt is taking to protect meeting attendees.
- All in-person attendees are required to wear masks that cover both nose and mouth at ALL times while attending WORLDSymposium. This policy may change if local conditions and public health requirements change.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in multiple locations throughout the Manchester Grand Hyatt for all attendees to use.
- All hotel employees have received training regarding coronavirus safety. Individuals performing cleaning and housekeeping duties have received additional training regarding cleaning methods, product use, and other activities.
- Designated WORLDSymposium staff have earned Pandemic Meeting & Event Design certification, including the following:
- Implementation of resources for safer event design using research-informed event strategies.
- Deployment of event tactics to assist in risk reduction.
Health & Safety in San Diego
- Please refer to San Diego Counties’ COVID-19 website for the most up-to-date information about requirements for traveling to San Diego.
- For additional information about San Diego’s health and safety procedures for travel, dining, and hotels, please visit the City of San Diego coronavirus information page.
Airports and International Travel
- Reference the San Diego International Airport website for the most up-to-date information on their health and safety measures.
- San Diego International Airport (SAN) has onsite COVID-19 testing providers accessible to travelers. View the Carbon Health website for more information on the testing provider and pricing, and to schedule an appointment.
- If traveling internationally, ensure you have reviewed the country-specific COVID-19 requirements provided by the U.S. Department of State.
- International travelers should also research the coverage policies for their medical insurance, and have an emergency plan in place if they become ill while in San Diego. Some health care facilities may require full payment in order to provide services. It is each individual’s responsibility to research their options ahead of time, and be prepared in case of illness.
- If you are not feeling well and wish to change your registration from LIVE to VIRTUAL, you may make this change through the registration website. Attendees may also change their registration from LIVE to VIRTUAL by paying the difference in cost. Please visit the Registration page to modify your registration.
- By choosing to attend any in-person component of an Event, you agree to comply with all safety protocols WORLDSymposium and/or the Event Venue (Hotel) may have in place. In order to preserve a safe environment, should any Participant fail to comply with such protocols, WORLDSymposium may take immediate steps including but not limited to denial of entrance to the Event or removal of the non-compliant Participant from the Event. Unless otherwise determined by WORLDSymposium in its sole discretion, any Participant who is denied access/entrance to or removed from an Event based on this Policy will not be eligible for a refund of any registration fees paid for access/entrance to or participation in the Event.
- WORLDSymposium will provide a licensed emergency first aid station onsite at the Manchester Grand Hyatt during the hours of the conference. The exact hours and location of the first aid station will be communicated in early January 2022.
- Below is a list of several hospitals and urgent care clinics near the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego:
|Emergency Rooms||Urgent Care Clinics|
|Sharp Coronado Hospital Emergency Room
250 Prospect Place
Coronado, CA 92118
Est. Distance: 4.2 miles
|UC San Diego Health Express Care – Downtown San Diego
203 West F Street
San Diego, CA 92101
8:00 AM – 7:00 PM Every day
Est. Distance: 0.4 miles
|Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Level I Trauma Center4077
San Diego, CA 92103
Est. Distance: 3.4 miles
|Logan Heights Family Health Center
1809 National Ave
San Diego, CA 92113
Monday – Saturday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Est. Distance: 1.7 miles