WORLDSymposium Poster Presenter FAQs
- Do I have to pay for my own registration and hotel?
Poster presenters are responsible for all of their own expenses, including registration, hotel and all other travel expenses. Register by January 10, 2020 to take advantage of early registration discounts. A limited block of discounted rooms at the Hyatt Regency Orlando will be available until January 10, 2020 or when the room block fills, whichever comes first.
- Is there a preferred printing vendor onsite for poster printing?
- 11th Hour is the preferred poster print vendor, located onsite at the Hyatt Regency Orlando on the Convention Level.
- The standard poster size is 44 inches by 44 inches (111 cm x 111 cm). No exceptions.
- The price will be $65.00 each plus tax, no rush fees to produce with 24 hour turnaround.
- Same day price will be $75.00 each plus tax, and those can be turned around within 2 hours.
- A print ready PDF file is needed for production.
- Please copy the following email and use for all posters to be sent for production:
- Please note in the email that your poster file is for WORLDSymposium 2020
- Please include in the email the date and time needed.
- Presenters can pay via credit card, cash, or room charge upon pick up. Poster will not be released without payment.
- If someone different will be picking up the order other than the person who ordered the poster printing via email, please note that in the email to 11th Hour. Payment will still be needed prior to releasing poster.
- What size is the poster?
The maximum size for posters is 44 inches by 44 inches (111 cm x 111 cm). Posters may be smaller than this size, but not larger than this size.
- Is there an ePoster requirement?
Yes. All poster presenters will be REQUIRED to submit an electronic version of their poster to be posted and made available to all WORLDSymposium 2020 attendees. This was specified in the instructions for submitting an abstract to WORLDSymposium, and all poster presenters should receive an email with instructions on how to submit an ePoster.
An email with instructions for uploading the ePoster file was sent to all poster presenters on December 19, 2019. The deadline for submission of the ePoster is February 3, 2020. The ePoster file must be submitted as a PDF file only. Poster presenters are only allowed to submit one ePoster file for each poster they are presenting.
ePosters will be available via the official WORLDSymposium mobile app to all onsite attendees and available via kiosks for onsite attendees to view during official Exhibit Hall hours at WORLDSymposium. They will not be available after the conclusion of WORLDSymposium 2020.
- Is it allowed to put a QR code on the poster?
It is strongly encouraged to put a QR code on posters, if at all possible.
- Do I need to bring my own tacks for my poster?
No, push pins will be provided.
- Do I need to put up my own poster?
Yes. PLEASE READ the information below carefully.You may mount your poster as early as 9:30 AM on your assigned day, but ALL posters must be mounted NO LATER later than 4:00 PM on the day you are assigned, and will need to be removed at 6:30 PM each day after the poster sessions ends.
Poster sessions will be in the Regency Ballroom located on the Convention Level of the Hyatt Regency Orlando.
Monday, February 10 from 4:30‐6:30 PM
Tuesday, February 11 from 4:30‐6:30 PM
Wednesday, February 12 from 4:30‐6:30 PM
Please reference your assigned Poster Presentation Number from your email notification! You will need this information to hang your poster on the correct day. Due to space limitations, your poster number and your poster cannot be posted until your assigned day.
- Abstracts numbered 1-164 will be presented on Monday, February 10, 2020.
- Abstracts numbered 165-328 will be presented on Tuesday, February 11, 2020.
- Abstracts numbered 329-436 and all late-breaking abstracts will be presented on Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
- Late-breaking abstract presenters should look for their poster number starting with LB- at the end of the regular poster section on Wednesday.
All poster sessions are from 4:30-6:30 PM in the Exhibit Hall.
In addition, all poster presenters are required to submit an electronic version of their poster to be available to attendees throughout WORLDSymposium 2020.
Details on ePoster submission will be sent to all first authors approximately one month prior to the start of WORLDSymposium 2020.
- Can I ship my poster to the hotel?
Yes, please address to the package to your attention:Hyatt Regency Orlando
Attention: NAME OF POSTER PRESENTER
9801 International Drive Orlando, Florida, USA, 32819Please be aware, the hotel may charge you a handling fee for receiving your package.
- What are the hours of the poster sessions?
Poster presenters are assigned to one of three poster sessions:
- Monday, 4:30‐6:30 PM
- Tuesday, 4:30‐6:30 PM
- Wednesday, 4:30‐6:30 PM
Dates of poster presentations are assigned 60 days prior to the scientific meeting and communicated to the first author of the accepted abstract. Poster presenters are required to be in attendance at their poster for their assigned timeframe.
- When do I have to take my poster down?
Posters need to be taken down at the end of your assigned poster session. All posters will be removed daily by 7:00 PM to make room for the next day’s posters. Any unclaimed posters will be discarded at the end of each day.
- Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my presentation?
Please submit your request to Amber via the contact form.
- Can I get an international letter of invitation?
Yes. Your meeting registration confirmation will include a link to generate a customized letter of invitation, which can be used when applying for a visa.