WORLDSymposium is intended for healthcare professionals involved in the screening, diagnosis, management, and treatment of lysosomal diseases affecting both children and adults, with research and clinically relevant information geared specifically to the following professionals:
- Medical and clinical geneticists; genetic counselors; pediatricians; neurologists; psychologists; nurse practitioners; physician assistants; registered nurses; and all medical practitioners who are providing comprehensive diagnostic, management, and counseling services for patients with, or at risk for, lysosomal diseases.
- Laboratory directors and technicians involved in genetic testing.
- Researchers involved in lysosomal disorders and treatments.
- Clinical, laboratory and research trainees of genetics and all biomedical sciences with a focus on lysosomal diseases.
- Any healthcare and public health professionals who have an interest in medical and clinical genetics and genomics in the area of lysosomal diseases.
- Advocates for patients with lysosomal diseases and their families.
NOTE: Adult patients and adult family members are welcome to attend the educational sessions, however the content is intended for clinicians and researchers, and not targeted toward patients. Attendance for patients and family members is offered as an opportunity to obtain information pertinent to their personal journey and to connect with leading researchers and clinicians. Children under 18 are not allowed in any session or in the Exhibit Hall.
Complimentary Registration for Patients and Patient Families
To make the 2023 Annual Scientific Meetings more accessible for lysosomal disease patients, WORLDSymposium is offering complimentary registration to all lysosomal disease patients and their immediate family members. Complimentary WORLDSymposium patient access is specifically for patients who have been diagnosed with a lysosomal disease and their immediate family members (i.e., parents, siblings, or children).
Patient Registration Restrictions
Complimentary patient access will not be issued to:
- Advertising, marketing, or public relations representatives from exhibiting companies or their agencies.
- Representatives of any investment or financial entity. Representatives of organizations selling or producing products, publications, or websites intended for marketing, advertising or public relations purposes.
Patient Registration Policies
Individuals with complimentary patient access may not:
- Sell, market, or represent a company for the purpose of obtaining sponsorships from any registrant or exhibitor
- Market a product or service displayed in the exhibit hall
- Misrepresent themselves to secure access to the meeting
- Conduct any product or service promotion that implies WORLDSymposium endorsement, or use the WORLDSymposium logo and/or name without express written permission
- Receive CME, CEU for Genetic Counselors, and CNE credits for attending sessions.
- Attend “By Invitation Only” sessions and events
Individuals who violate this policy will immediately forfeit access for this and subsequent meetings.
Please fill out this contact form to request a link to the complimentary registration page. Please include a brief message about which session / clinical study you are most interested in learning more about.