Registration for the 18th Annual WORLDSymposium™ Now Open
WORLDSymposium 2022 in San Diego will be the place to connect, collaborate, communicate and continue to make global progress in lysosomal disease research. The LIVE component will be held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California, USA and a virtual platform will be available for remote attendees and will include many of the core elements of the in-person Annual Research Conference.
Registration Opened: August 1, 2021 Click here to register
Advance Registration Deadline: January 7, 2022
In anticipation of continued global progress in managing the pandemic, plans are in place for a LIVE in-person gathering in San Diego at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel. In addition, plans are to include an alternative VIRTUAL format to supplement the live meeting, and allow for registration for those who are unable to attend in person.
The health, safety and wellbeing of attendees, speakers, stakeholders and staff is of paramount importance. WORLDSymposium 2022 will be organized in accordance with the State of California health and safety standards.
Registration payments can be made by check, credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa only) or wire transfer. We do not process phone or fax registrations.
Letters of Invitation For Visa Purposes
Your meeting registration confirmation will include a link to generate a customized letter of invitation, which can be used when applying for a visa.
Customized letters of invitation can only be issued to confirmed registrants (those who have paid the meeting registration fees).
When you register for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to automatically generate a customized letter of invitation.
You will need this letter when applying for a visa. All attendees are urged to apply for a visa as soon as possible. Waiting until you receive your abstract confirmation (which is not available until December) will delay your visa process and may result in your visa being denied. See Travel Information for details on visas and access into the United States for attendees traveling from other countries.
For security purposes, letters of invitation cannot be sent to people who have not registered for WORLDSymposium. If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the phrase “Letter of Invitation” in the subject line.
Registration Receipt, Transfers, and Badges
A registration receipt will be provided after you register for the meeting.
Badges will not be mailed in advance. You may pick up your badge at on-site registration at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Entry into sessions requires a badge. If you forget to wear your badge, you will not be allowed to enter sessions or events.
Badge numbers are required to log in to the virtual platform and will be emailed to the address used during registration. All scientific sessions, and oral and poster abstract sessions at the annual meeting are open to all attendees. Access to any area of the virtual platform requires attendee be logged in.
Meeting registrations cannot be transferred to another person already registered for the meeting. If the registrant cannot attend the WORLDSymposium 2022 Annual Meeting for any reason, his/her registration may be transferred to another person who is NOT already registered for the meeting or it must be cancelled and the replacement person must register for the meeting separately.
Registration Updates and Modifications
Click here to change or update your registration online. You will need to enter your email and your confirmation number in order to change or update your registration.
- Any time prior to January 7, 2022, any individual registered for the LIVE conference, may transfer their registration to a VIRTUAL registration, and receive a full refund of the difference between the LIVE and VIRTUAL rates. After January 7, 2022, any individual may still change their registration from LIVE to VIRTUAL, but no refund will be applied. No exceptions.
- Anyone who is registered for the VIRTUAL conference who wants to upgrade to LIVE registration may also do so any time prior to January 7, 2022 and pay the difference between the two early registration rates. After January 7, 2022, the attendee will be required to pay the difference between the late registration fee and the original amount paid.
- PLEASE NOTE: These changes can be done using the Modify Registration link. Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues changing registration from LIVE to VIRTUAL or from VIRTUAL to LIVE registration.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Registration Cancellation Deadline: Friday, January 7, 2022
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation notices must be in writing and received by 4:30 PM Central Standard Time (CST) on January 7, 2022 to be eligible for a refund. All cancellations are subject to a nonrefundable processing fee of 20% of all registration fees paid. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellation notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow four weeks for processing.
If a registrant needs to cancel after January 7, 2022, the conference registration may be transferred to another person who is NOT already registered for the meeting. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or at 561-609-0452
Complimentary Registration for Patients and Patient Families
To make the 2022 Annual Scientific Meetings more accessible for lysosomal disease patients, WORLDSymposium is offering complimentary registration to all lysosomal disease patients and their immediate family members. Complimentary WORLDSymposium patient access is specifically for patients who have been diagnosed with a lysosomal disease and their immediate family members (i.e., parents, siblings, or children). Complimentary patient access will not be issued to:
- Advertising, marketing, or public relations representatives from exhibiting companies or their agencies.
- Representatives of any investment or financial entity.
- Representatives of organizations selling or producing products, publications, or websites intended for marketing, advertising or public relations purposes.
Individuals with complimentary patient access may not:
- Sell, market, or represent a company for the purpose of obtaining sponsorships from any registrant or exhibitor
- Market a product or service displayed in the exhibit hall
- Misrepresent themselves to secure access to the meeting
- Conduct any product or service promotion that implies WORLDSymposium endorsement, or use the WORLDSymposium logo and/or name without express written permission
- Receive CME, CEU for Genetic Counselors, and CNE credits for attending sessions.
- Attend “By Invitation Only” sessions and events
Individuals who violate this policy will immediately forfeit access for this and subsequent meetings.
Certificate of Attendance
Certificates of attendance will be available by completing an online evaluation at the conclusion of the meeting. Details will be provided to all registered attendees in the CME Program Handbook.
The registration desk will be located in the Palm Foyer, Second Level, and open during the following hours:
Sunday, February 6, 6:30AM – 8:00PM
Monday, February 7, 6:30AM – 5:30PM
Tuesday, February 8, 6:30AM – 5:30PM
Wednesday, February 9, 6:30AM – 5:30PM
Thursday, February 10, 6:30AM – 5:30PM
Friday, February 11, 6:30AM – 12:00PM