WORLDSymposium™ 2020 Social Media Guidelines
While we encourage the use of social media before, during, and after WORLDSymposium as a way to share information and network with other attendees, we remind you to adhere to WORLDSymposium’s social media guidelines and policies:
- Follow WORLDSymposium on Twitter (@WORLDSymposia) and use the #WORLDSymposia hashtag to join the conversation about the WORLDSymposium Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Like WORLDSymposium on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/WORLDSymposia
- Blog or tweet about what you hear and learn at the meeting, but refrain from sharing any content the speaker explicitly asks not to share. Talks are tweetable and shareable by default, but do not share or post specific details or slides.
- Converse and network with other attendees before, during, and after the conference.
- Provide feedback to WORLDSymposium staff and the Program Committee – we encourage attendees to post about and discuss topics of interest and ideas for future annual scientific meetings.
- Communicate with respect and consideration for others, and keep criticism constructive.
- Capture, transmit, or redistribute data presented at the meeting – this may preclude its later publication in a scientific journal. Please adhere to journal embargo policies and do not jeopardize your colleagues’ work!
- Post copyrighted or trademarked material or material protected by other intellectual property rights.
- Use WORLDSymposium’s social media platforms to comment on medical, legal, or litigious matters.
- Post derogatory, demeaning, inflammatory, offensive, disrespectful, hateful, sales-oriented, or otherwise inappropriate comments.
People who participate in social media activity associated with the Annual Scientific Meeting are expected to:
- Maintain a courteous and respectful demeanor in their comments and posts.
- Contribute value and expertise.
- Represent themselves and their organizations truthfully and professionally.
- Recognize that social media conversations include a variety of professionals, patients, policymakers, reporters, and the general public.
The views and opinions posted on WORLDSymposium’s social media do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of WORLDSymposium, its management, or staff. WORLDSymposium reserves the right to remove comments it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate.