16th Annual WORLDSymposium™ 2020 Media Policies
Journalists who are employed by accredited news organizations attending the meeting for the purpose of editorial coverage will be granted media credentials and receive complimentary annual meeting registration. WORLDSymposium does not have a designated media room/press room.
Required Material for Receiving Official Approval
- A letter verifying assignment to the meeting on the letterhead of the news organization being represented
- Media identification (such as an international accredited press pass), or a business card issued by a recognized news organization.
- Copies of three bylined lysosomal-disease-related articles
- An official letter of assignment from an accredited news organization.
- Those who freelance but do not have three bylined articles are not eligible for registration.
- Three issues of their newsletter containing at least one bylined article (If a representative was registered as media at a previous annual meeting, one of the issues submitted must illustrate the resulting editorial coverage.)
Online Media Representatives, Medical Publishing Companies, Healthcare Society/Associations, University Publications
- Appropriate media credentials (i.e., a letter of assignment and/or a business card from a recognized news organization) and meet the following criteria:
- Original, editorial news coverage
- Editorial freedom from advertisers and/or sponsors
- Multiple advertisers that are clearly identified
PLEASE NOTE: Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, and/or other electronic media intended for marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes may not register as media. Financial analysts and public relations personnel may not register as media. Information regarding media registrants is proprietary.
WORLDSymposium does not give, rent, or sell current, past, or on-site media registration lists.
Media are required to abide by the embargo policies governing WORLDSymposium. The embargo policy states that coverage of abstracts being presented at the annual meeting is strictly prohibited until the start time of the presentation or the beginning of the media briefing containing the research, whichever comes first. The embargo on poster presentations lifts when the poster session containing the poster opens for viewing.
Content that may be pre-published online in advance of print publication is still subject to the WORLDSymposium embargo policy.
Abstracts not scheduled for presentation at the annual meeting have an embargo date of the official release of the abstracts to the public, and press releases on these abstracts must contain the following notification: “This abstract was not selected for presentation at an oral or poster session; it was printed in the WORLDSymposium Program and Abstracts Book.”
Correct Use of WORLDSymposium™
Please be aware that proper use of the trademarked WORLDSymposium™ name is required in all press releases.
WORLD is an acronym for We’re Organizing Research on Lysosomal Diseases.
WORLD is always ALL CAPS, with Symposium always in italics. WORLDSymposium is always one word. In other words, WORLDSymposium should never be used as two words (World Symposium) and never only one word (WORLD).
The brand name is trademarked and should be used appropriately.
Registered media are required to wear media badges at all times while on site at the annual meeting.
All scientific sessions, and oral and poster abstract sessions at the annual meeting are open to the media. Entry into sessions requires a badge.
NO STILL OR VIDEO PHOTOGRAPHY WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE GENERAL SESSION. Anyone taking pictures or video during the general session will be asked to leave the conference immediately.
Registered media (with badges) are permitted to photograph or audiotape ONLY during the poster sessions if they have obtained written permission from the poster presenter beforehand. No other photography, or audio or video recording is allowed. Members of the media who record poster information for which they have not obtained permission will be asked to leave the conference immediately.