Call for Abstracts: WORLDSymposium™ Abstract Submission Deadline October 1, 2021
Abstract Submission Site now closed.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Site now open. (Click here for more info).
Abstract Submission Deadline: October 1, 2021
The deadline for submitting an abstract to WORLDSymposium was 11:59PM CT October 1, 2021. Any time before the deadline you may return to the submission website to make changes to your abstract, or delete the abstract if you no longer want it considered for presentation. AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2021, ALL ABSTRACTS ARE CONSIDERED FINAL AND NO CHANGES MAY BE MADE.
WORLDSymposium 2022 abstract submission
Individuals are encouraged to submit research on disease mechanisms, pathology and biomarkers, RNA therapies, gene editing, lentiviral ex vivo gene therapies, newborn screening, clinical trial information and results, COVID research related to lysosomal diseases, and any other research applicable to lysosomal disorders.
The three (3) categories for 2022 abstract submission are as follows:
1. Basic Science
- Disease Mechanisms, Pathology and Biomarkers
- Genetic Therapy Development in the Laboratory
2. Translational Research
- Developing Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
- Clinical Trial Readiness: Preclinical Trial Methods and Studies
- Genetic Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
3. Clinical Applications
- Clinical Trials for Registration, (which must have an FDA Investigational New Drug (IND) application (Phase I-III clinical trial), an EMA Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD), or equivalent)
- Clinical Outcomes including licensed therapies (Phase IV) and non-interventional studies.
UPDATED: Contemporary Forum
- All Authors will be asked to verify whether the first author is employed by industry (a commercial interest organization), and not an academic, government, or non-profit organization.
- Abstracts should still be submitted for one of the 3 primary categories above (Basic, Translational, or Clinical), and will be reviewed with all other abstracts from that category for consideration for platform or poster presentation.
- Once selected for platform presentation, abstracts submitted by industry first authors will be moved to the Contemporary Forum.
- This is a Non-CME platform section created specifically for industry first authors.
Abstracts are required to be no more than 300 words in length and may not contain images or figures.
Prior to submitting, the first author will be asked to confirm the following statement: By submitting this abstract, I agree I have permission from all co‐authors to provide their names, degree, institution, city, country, and email address, along with their financial disclosures for the purposes of considering this abstract for presentation at WORLDSymposium 2022. (For more information about WORLDSymposium Data Protection and Privacy Practices, please visit the Data Protection Policy page.)
Note: Authors who submit abstracts are not automatically registered for the meeting. In order to participate in the meeting and make their presentations, authors must register for the meeting and also cover the costs of hotel and travel (if travel costs are applicable).
Abstracts must be submitted with the intention that they will be presented if selected.
The first-author will be designated to present the work for all submitted abstracts. Please ensure that the first author (first person listed by the submitter) is the person who will be presenting the abstract at the conference. Once submitted, abstracts may edited or deleted until the deadline of October 1, 2021; after that, all submissions are considered final and may not be edited or withdrawn.
All author and co-author contact information and conflict-of-interest information must be provided at the time of abstract submission. An abstract is only considered complete when a green checkbox appears, stating that the submission is complete. At that time, abstract submitters can request a confirmation email to be sent to all authors.
Abstracts will be selected based on scientific merit, originality and relevancy to lysosomal diseases. Selection occurs through a blinded peer review process. Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Scientific Committee’s discretion.
For technical support with the abstract submission system, please contact OASIS: 217-398-1792 (Monday through Friday 9:00 AM -5:00 PM Central Time). For questions regarding deadlines, topics, or other non-technical questions, please contact Amber Brown at email@example.com
It is the policy of WORLDSymposium to publish all abstracts with the list of authors exactly as the abstract was submitted to WORLDSymposium. The first author of the submitted abstract will be listed as the presenting author on the Preliminary Program, Agenda, and/or Poster List.
Abstract submitters may log back in and change their preference until October 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Time.