Call for Abstracts: WORLDSymposium™ Abstract Submission Deadline October 1, 2022
Abstract Submission Site is now open. Click here to submit an abstract.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Site opens November 1, closes December 1, 2022.
Abstract Submission Deadline: October 1, 2022
The deadline for submitting an abstract to WORLDSymposium is October 1, 2022, 11:59PM CDT. Any time before the deadline you may return to the submission website to make changes to your abstract, or delete the abstract if you no longer want it considered for presentation. AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2022, ALL ABSTRACTS ARE CONSIDERED FINAL AND NO CHANGES MAY BE MADE.
WORLDSymposium 2023 abstract submission
Individuals are encouraged to submit research on disease mechanisms, pathology and biomarkers, RNA therapies, gene editing, lentiviral ex vivo gene therapies, newborn screening, clinical trial information and results, COVID research related to lysosomal diseases, and any other research applicable to lysosomal disorders.
The three (3) categories for 2023 abstract submissions are as follows:
1. Basic Science
- Disease Mechanisms, Pathology and Biomarkers
- Genetic Therapy Development in the Laboratory
2. Translational Research
- Developing Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
- Clinical Trial Readiness: Preclinical Trial Methods and Studies
- Genetic Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
3. Clinical Applications
- Clinical Trials for Registration, (which must have an FDA Investigational New Drug (IND) application (Phase I-III clinical trial), an EMA Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD), or equivalent)
- Clinical Outcomes including licensed therapies (Phase IV) and non-interventional studies.
NEW THIS YEAR: Disclosure Requirements (PLAN AHEAD)
- ALL individuals listed as an author or co-author will be required to submit THEIR OWN disclosure prior to the submission of the scientific abstract.
- Each listed author must complete THEIR OWN DISCLOSURE; NO ONE ELSE may submit the disclosure on behalf of another individual.
- Abstracts cannot be submitted until all disclosures for all authors are completed.
- Once an author completes their own disclosure, the same disclosure will be applied to ALL abstracts on which the individual is a listed author.
- More details will be available once the abstract submission system is opened on July 1, 2022.
- All authors will be asked to verify whether the first author is employed by industry (a commercial interest organization, such as a device or pharmaceutical company). An “Industry” organization does not include an academic, government, or non-profit organization.
- Abstracts should still be submitted for one of the 3 primary categories above (Basic, Translational, or Clinical), and will be reviewed for consideration for platform or poster presentation. All abstracts will be considered for publication.
- Once selected for platform presentation, abstracts submitted by industry first authors will be moved to the Contemporary Forum Session.
- This is a Non-CME platform session created specifically for industry first authors. Contemporary Forum presentations will be held to the same ACCME Standards as all other presentations.
Abstracts are required to be no more than 300 words in length and may not contain images or figures.
Prior to the submission of the scientific abstract, ALL individuals listed as an author or co-author will be required to have submitted THEIR OWN disclosure.
All author and co-author contact information and disclosure information must be completed at the time of abstract submission. An abstract is only considered complete when a green checkbox appears, stating that the abstract submission is complete. At that time, abstract submitters can request a confirmation email to be sent to all authors.
Note: Authors who submit abstracts are not automatically registered for the meeting. In order to participate in the meeting and make their presentations, authors must register for the meeting and also cover the costs of hotel and travel (if travel costs are applicable).
Abstracts must be submitted with the intention that they will be presented if selected.
The first-author will be designated to present the work for all submitted abstracts. Please ensure that the first author (first person listed by the submitter) is the person who will be presenting the abstract at the conference. Once submitted, abstracts may edited or deleted until the deadline of October 1, 2022; after that, all submissions are considered final and may not be edited or withdrawn.
Abstracts will be selected based on scientific merit, originality and relevancy to lysosomal diseases. Selection occurs through a blinded peer review process. Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Scientific Committee’s discretion.
For technical support with the abstract submission system, please contact OASIS: 217-398-1792 (Monday through Friday 9:00 AM -5:00 PM Central Time). For questions regarding deadlines, topics, or other non-technical questions, please contact Amber Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of WORLDSymposium to publish all abstracts with the list of authors exactly as the abstract was submitted to WORLDSymposium. The first author of the submitted abstract will be listed as the presenting author on the Preliminary Program, Agenda, and/or Poster List. First authors cannot be changed once the listings are published or posted.
Abstract submitters may log back in and edit the abstract submission anytime prior to October 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT).