Call for Abstracts: WORLDSymposium™ Abstract Submission Deadline October 1, 2020
Abstract Submission Site now closed.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Site – Opens November 1, closes December 1, 2020 (Click here for more info).
Abstract Submission Deadline: October 1, 2020
The deadline for submitting an abstract to WORLDSymposium was 11:59PM CT October 1, 2020. Any time before the deadline you may return to the submission website to make changes to your abstract, or delete if you no longer want it considered. AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2020, ALL ABSTRACTS ARE CONSIDERED FINAL AND NO CHANGES MAY BE MADE.
WORLDSymposium 2021 abstract submissions
The nine (9) categories for 2021 abstract submissions are as follows:
1. Contemporary Forum
- For abstracts on which the first author is employed by industry (a commercial interest organization), not an academic, government, or non-profit setting. This is a Non-CME platform section created specifically for industry first authors.
- Industry first authors must use this category to submit abstracts if the industry author intends to present the data. If another non-industry co-author is eligible to present the data, and the authors want to present in any other abstract category, then the abstract must be submitted with a non-industry first author.
2. Emerging Trends
- Patient Advocate Groups (PAG’s) are eligible to submit an abstract for consideration for platform presentation in the Emerging Trends pre-conference symposium.
3. Basic Science
- Disease Mechanisms, Pathology and Biomarkers
4. Translational Research
- Developing Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
- Clinical Trial Readiness: Preclinical Trial Methods and Studies
5. Gene Therapy
- Genetic Therapeutic Approaches in Translation from Laboratory to the Clinic
6. Newborn Screening
- Implementation and Impact of Newborn Screening
7. Clinical Trials for Registration
- Abstracts in the Clinical Trials for Registration category must have an FDA Investigational New Drug (IND) application (Phase I-III clinical trial), an EMA Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD), or equivalent.
8. Clinical Outcomes
- The Clinical Outcomes category includes licensed therapies (Phase IV) and non-interventional studies.
9. COVID-19 Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2 virology, pathobiology, immunization and treatment
- How is the pandemic influencing current practice, patient care, active research, and how are clinicians and researchers responding?
Abstracts are required to be no more than 300 words in length and may not contain images or figures.
Prior to submitting, the first author will be asked to confirm the following statement: By submitting this abstract, I agree I have permission from all co‐authors to provide their names, degree, institution, city, country, and email address, along with their financial disclosures for the purposes of considering this abstract for presentation at WORLDSymposium 2021. (For more information about WORLDSymposium Data Protection and Privacy Practices, please visit the Data Protection Policy page.)
Note: Authors who submit abstracts are not automatically registered for the meeting. In order to participate in the meeting and make their presentations, authors must register for the meeting and also cover the costs of hotel and travel (if travel costs are applicable).
Abstracts must be submitted with the intention that they will be presented if selected.
The first-author will be designated to present the work for all submitted abstracts. Please ensure that the first author (first person listed by the submitter) is the person who will be presenting the abstract at the conference. Once submitted, abstracts may edited or deleted until the deadline of October 1, 2020; after that, all submissions are considered final and may not be edited or withdrawn.
All author and co-author contact information and conflict-of-interest information must be provided at the time of abstract submission. An abstract is only considered complete when a green checkbox appears, stating that the submission is complete. At that time, abstract submitters can request a confirmation email to be sent to all authors.
For technical support with the abstract submission system, please contact OASIS: 217-398-1792 (Monday through Friday 9:00 AM -5:00 PM Central Time). For questions regarding deadlines, topics, or other non-technical questions, please contact Amber Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of WORLDSymposium to publish all abstracts with the list of authors exactly as the abstract was submitted to WORLDSymposium. The first author of the submitted abstract will be listed as the presenting author on the Preliminary Program, Agenda, and/or Poster List.
Abstract submitters will be required to select a Presentation Preference this year since WORLDSymposium 2021 is planning for a live, in-person meeting in San Diego, California, as well as a new virtual offering.
A virtual presentation means the speaker will present a live streamed presentation via telecommunications or provide a pre-recorded video presentation (final determination regarding virtual presentation formats will be provided prior to the meeting).
A live (in-person) presentation means the speaker will attend WORLDSymposium 2021 in San Diego, California.
- Live (in-person) oral presentation (with optional Poster/ePoster) ONLY
- Virtual oral presentation (with optional ePoster) ONLY
- Live (in-person) OR Virtual Oral presentation (with optional Poster/ePoster). (First choice is Live, however, I am available for Virtual, if needed.)
- Live Poster/ePoster ONLY
- Virtual ePoster ONLY
Abstract submitters may log back in and change their preference until October 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM Central Time.