Ethical MedTech EU Compliance
EthicalMedTech is a platform, supported by MedTech Europe, dedicated to ethics and compliance projects in the European MedTech industry.
WORLDSymposium™ 2021 has been found to be Compliant in accordance with the principles and standards set out in the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice. This decision is posted on www.ethicalmedtech.eu.
WORLDSymposium will apply for Compliance for the 2022 Scientific Meeting.
WORLDSymposium™ 2022 Genetic Counselor CEUs
Genetic Counselor CEUs:
This event will be submitted to the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) for the approval of Category 1 CEUs. The American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) accepts CEUs approved by NSGC for purposes of recertification. Approval for the requested CEUs and Contact Hours is currently pending.
Genetic Counselors will be required to complete the online Evaluation on CME University (www.cmeuniversity.com) in order to receive a certificate. Instructions will be provided in the Educational CME/CEU Handout. The online evaluation should be completed within 2 weeks post-conference. Please note, you are required to pay the NSGC Fee of $25 at the time of registration in order to obtain NSGC Credit; if you did not pay the fee, you may not receive the NSGC CEU Credits. Upon completion of the online Evaluation, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, however, the Certificate of Credit will come directly from NSGC, you MUST include your NSGC number when you complete the online evaluation. If you have any questions, email Angela Meader at: email@example.com.
2022 ACCME & ANCC Accreditation
WORLDSymposium 2022 is jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and WORLDSymposium™.
This activity is intended for healthcare professionals involved in the screening, diagnosis, management, and treatment of lysosomal diseases affecting both children and adults, with research and clinically relevant information geared specifically to the following professionals:
- Medical and clinical geneticists; genetic counselors; pediatricians; neurologists; psychologists; nurse practitioners; physician assistants; registered nurses; and all medical practitioners who are providing comprehensive diagnostic, management, and counseling services for patients with, or at risk for, lysosomal diseases.
- Laboratory directors and technicians involved in genetic testing.
- Researchers involved in lysosomal disorders and treatments.
- Clinical, laboratory and research trainees of genetics and all biomedical sciences with a focus on lysosomal diseases.
- Any healthcare and public health professionals who have an interest in medical and clinical genetics and genomics in the area of lysosomal diseases.
- Advocates for patients with lysosomal diseases and their families.
NOTE: Adult patients and adult family members are welcome to attend the educational sessions, however the content is intended for clinicians and researchers, and not targeted toward patients. Attendance for patients and family members is offered as an opportunity to obtain information pertinent to their personal journey and to connect with leading researchers and clinicians. Children under 18 are not allowed in any session.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the key diagnostic features of lysosomal diseases.
- Utilize recent diagnostic tests for lysosomal diseases.
- Compare the relative advantages and disadvantages of each therapy currently available.
- Identify unmet needs of each disease being discussed.
- Formulate new research ideas for these lysosomal diseases.
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and WORLDSymposium. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education:
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Continuing Nursing Education:
This activity is eligible for ANCC credit, see final CNE activity announcement for specific details.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.