Registration & Hotel FAQs on WORLDSymposium
- Where is the 2020 Scientific Meeting being held?
- I would like to pay by check. How do I register for the meeting?
Registration payments must be made by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa only). We do not process phone or fax registrations. Checks are not accepted.
- How can I change or update my registration for the meeting?
Click here to change or update your registration online. You will need to enter your email and your confirmation number in order to change or update your registration.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations must be submitted in writing. All cancellations are subject to a nonrefundable processing fee of 20% of all registration fees paid and must be received by 4:30 PM Central Time on Friday, January 10, 2020 to be eligible for a refund. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellation notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow four weeks for processing. We are unable to change names or substitute one individual for another currently registered. Scientific meeting registrations CANNOT be transferred to another person. No exceptions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Are any meals included in the registration fee?
WORLDSymposium provides the following refreshments and meals as part of the conference registration fee, open to all registered attendees:
- Morning and afternoon refreshment breaks in the exhibit hall (Tuesday-Thursday)
- Continental breakfast (Tuesday-Thursday)
- Boxed lunch (Tuesday-Thursday)
- Refreshments and cash bar in the exhibit hall during evening poster receptions (Monday-Wednesday)
- Refreshments and cash bar in the foyer during closing networking reception (Thursday)
- How do I make my hotel reservation?
- Is there an exhibit hall-only registration fee?
WORLDSymposium does not provide an exhibit hall-only registration fee. In order to visit the exhibits, an attendee must purchase a full conference registration. If you are interested in a great opportunity to connect with over 1900 key members of the international lysosomal disease community, WORLDSymposium is the place!
- What are the official camera, mobile phone, and video recording policies?
Attendees are strictly prohibited from using cameras, including mobile phone and tablet cameras, and all other audio and/or video recording devices in all meeting session rooms. This policy aims to encourage presentation of the latest findings by protecting researchers sharing unpublished information, as well as prevent disruption in the session rooms.
This means attendees may not take photos or video of speakers presenting or their slides. Attendees not adhering to this policy may be asked to leave the room and will be asked to delete all photos or videos already taken; additional action may be taken with repeated or egregious offenders. Attendees are also asked to be respectful of their colleagues by silencing all mobile devices before entering meeting rooms. When registering, you are required to agree that you will adhere to this policy.
- Can I use recording equipment?
Taking photos, videos or audiotapes of slides, posters and presenters or questions and answers is strictly prohibited. Copyright and intellectual property law is observed during all WORLDSymposium presentations, sessions and events.
- Can I take photos in the exhibit hall?
Attendees may take photos of posters ONLY if the poster author agrees. Authors who do not want their posters to be photographed will have to indicate as such on their posters. No other photography, or audio or video recording is allowed. Attendees who photograph or record poster information for which they have not obtained permission will be asked to leave the session immediately.
- Do I need to consent to being photographed or recorded at WORLDSymposium?
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, WORLDSymposium Scientific Sessions and other related activities, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit WORLDSymposium use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, audiotapes of such events and activities.
- What is the meeting dress code?
Appropriate dress is business casual. A light jacket or sweater is recommended, as meeting rooms may be cool. Badges will be required for entry into all sessions and events.
- Can children attend Scientific Sessions or visit the Exhibit Hall?
Children of any age are not permitted in WORLDSymposium Scientific Sessions or Exhibit Hall. Children may be registered as family members/accompanying persons of fully registered patient/family attendees. Children must be accompanied by a registered parent or a guardian at all times in any common areas of the meeting. Children may attend the Lysosomal Disease Network (LDN) Council of Patient Advocates (COPA) meeting if accompanied by a registered parent or guardian.
- What is your policy on guests?
Guests are not permitted in the Exhibit Hall or Specific Sessions, unless prior approval is requested and approved by WORLDSymposium.