Registration & Hotel FAQs on WORLDSymposium
- Where is the 2023 Scientific Meeting being held?
WORLDSymposium will be conducting the 2023 Annual Research Conference as a live event and will be held, in its entirety, at the Hilton Orlando, Florida.
Registration Opens: August 1, 2022
Advance Registration Deadline: January 13, 2023.
- Who should attend WORLDSymposium?
WORLDSymposium is intended for healthcare professionals involved in the screening, diagnosis, management, and treatment of lysosomal diseases affecting both children and adults, with research and clinically relevant information geared specifically to the following professionals:
- Medical and clinical geneticists; genetic counselors; pediatricians; neurologists; psychologists; nurse practitioners; physician assistants; registered nurses; and all medical practitioners who are providing comprehensive diagnostic, management, and counseling services for patients with, or at risk for, lysosomal diseases.
- Laboratory directors and technicians involved in genetic testing.
- Researchers involved in lysosomal disorders and treatments.
- Clinical, laboratory and research trainees of genetics and all biomedical sciences with a focus on lysosomal diseases.
- Any healthcare and public health professionals who have an interest in medical and clinical genetics and genomics in the area of lysosomal diseases.
- Advocates for patients with lysosomal diseases and their families.
NOTE: Adult patients and adult family members are welcome to attend the educational sessions, however the content is intended for clinicians and researchers, and not targeted toward patients. Attendance for patients and family members is offered as an opportunity to obtain information pertinent to their personal journey and to connect with leading researchers and clinicians. Children under 18 are not allowed in any session.
- I would like to pay by check. How do I register for the meeting?
Registration payments can be made by check, credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa only) or wire transfer. We do not process phone or fax registrations.
- How can I change or update my registration for the meeting?
You will be able to change or update your registration by entering your email and your confirmation number.
- Any time prior to January 13, 2023, any individual registered for the LIVE conference, may transfer their registration to the On Demand-only registration, and receive a full refund of the difference between the LIVE and On Demand rates. After January 13, 2023, any individual may still change their registration from LIVE to On Demand, but no refund will be applied. No exceptions.
- Anyone who is registered for On Demand only who wants to upgrade to LIVE registration may also do so any time prior to January 13, 2023 and pay the difference between the two early registration rates. After January 13, 2023, the attendee will be required to pay the difference between the late registration fee and the original amount paid.
- PLEASE NOTE: These changes can be done using the Modify Registration link (available August 1, 2022). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues changing registration from LIVE to On Demand or from On Demand to LIVE registration.
- What is your cancellation policy?
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation notices must be in writing and received by 4:30 PM Central Time on January 13, 2023 to be eligible for a refund. All cancellations are subject to a nonrefundable processing fee of 20% of all registration fees paid. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellation notices should be sent to email@example.com. Allow four weeks for processing.
If a registrant needs to cancel after January 13, 2023, the conference registration may be transferred to another person who is NOT already registered for the meeting. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are any meals included in the registration fee?
WORLDSymposium provides the following refreshments and meals as part of the in person conference registration fee, open to all registered attendees:
- Continental breakfast (Wednesday-Sunday)
- Morning refreshment breaks (Wednesday-Sunday)
- Afternoon refreshment breaks (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Boxed lunch (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Refreshments and cash bar in the exhibit hall during evening poster receptions (Wednesday-Saturday)
The On Demand component of WORLDSymposium has no meals included in the registration fee.
- How do I make my hotel reservation?
Hotel reservations for individuals who are able to attend the live conference in Orlando opened August 1, 2022.
A limited block of discounted rooms ($279 + taxes & fees) at the Hilton Orlando will be available until January 13, 2023 or when the room block fills, whichever comes first.
- Is there an exhibit hall-only registration fee?
WORLDSymposium does not provide an exhibit hall-only registration fee. In order to visit the exhibits, an attendee must purchase a full conference registration. If you are interested in a great opportunity to connect with over 3000 key members of the international lysosomal disease community, WORLDSymposium is the place!
- Are there additional fees to attend Emerging Trends or the Robert J. Gorlin Symposium?
Yes. Emerging Trends: State-of-the-Art for Experts has a fee of $75 if registered on or before January 13, 2023; $85 if registered after January 13, 2023.
The Robert J. Gorlin Symposium has a registration fee of $50.
- What are the official camera, mobile phone, and video recording policies?
Attendees are strictly prohibited from using cameras, including mobile phone and tablet cameras, and all other audio and/or video recording devices in all meeting session rooms. This policy aims to encourage presentation of the latest findings by protecting researchers sharing unpublished information, as well as prevent disruption in the session rooms.
This means attendees may not take photos or video of speakers presenting or their slides. Attendees not adhering to this policy may be asked to leave the room and will be asked to delete all photos or videos already taken; additional action may be taken with repeated or egregious offenders. Attendees are also asked to be respectful of their colleagues by silencing all mobile devices before entering meeting rooms. When registering, you are required to agree that you will adhere to this policy.
- Can I use recording equipment?
Taking photos, videos or audiotapes of slides, posters and presenters or questions and answers is strictly prohibited. Copyright and intellectual property law is observed during all WORLDSymposium presentations, sessions and events.
- Can I take photos or screen captures in the exhibit hall?
Attendees may take photos or screen captures of posters ONLY if the poster author agrees. Authors who do not want their posters to be photographed or screen captured will have to indicate as such on their posters. No other photography, or audio or video recording is allowed. Attendees who photograph or record poster information for which they have not obtained permission will be asked to leave the session immediately.
- Do I need to consent to being photographed or recorded at WORLDSymposium?
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, WORLDSymposium Scientific Sessions and other related activities, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit WORLDSymposium use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, audiotapes of such events and activities.
- What is the meeting dress code?
Appropriate dress is business casual. Please dress appropriately whenever attending in person session or appearing on pre-recorded or live video for presentations or when in video meetings.
- When will the Registration Desk be open?
The Registration Desk, located in the Convention Area of the Lobby Level of the Hilton Orlando, will be open during these times:
Tuesday, February 21, 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, February 22, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Thursday, February 23, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, February 24, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Saturday, February 25, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Sunday, February 26, 7:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Can children attend Scientific Sessions or visit the Exhibit Hall?
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in WORLDSymposium Scientific Sessions or Exhibit Hall. Children may be registered as family members/accompanying persons of fully registered patient/family attendees, and must be accompanied by a registered parent or a guardian at all times in any common areas of the meeting.
- What is your policy on guests?
Guests are not permitted in the Exhibit Hall or Specific Sessions, unless prior approval is requested and approved by WORLDSymposium.