Guests are not permitted in the Exhibit Hall or Specific Sessions, unless prior approval is requested and approved by WORLDSymposium.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in WORLDSymposium Scientific Sessions or Exhibit Hall. Children may be registered as family members/accompanying persons of fully registered patient/family attendees, and must be accompanied by a registered parent or a guardian at all times in any common areas of the meeting.
The Registration Desk, located in the Convention Area of the Lobby Level of the Hilton Orlando, will be open during these times:
Tuesday, February 21, 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, February 22, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Thursday, February 23, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, February 24, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Saturday, February 25, 6:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Sunday, February 26, 7:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Appropriate dress is business casual. Please dress appropriately whenever attending in person session or appearing on pre-recorded or live video for presentations or when in video meetings.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, WORLDSymposium Scientific Sessions and other related activities, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit WORLDSymposium use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, audiotapes of such events and activities.
Attendees may take photos or screen captures of posters ONLY if the poster author agrees. Authors who do not want their posters to be photographed or screen captured will have to indicate as such on their posters. No other photography, or audio or video recording is allowed. Attendees who photograph or record poster information for which they have not obtained permission will be asked to leave the session immediately.
Taking photos, videos or audiotapes of slides, posters and presenters or questions and answers is strictly prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained from the presenter. Copyright and intellectual property law is observed during all WORLDSymposium presentations, sessions and events.
Attendees and media registrants are required to abide by any recording, photography, or screen capture requests made by speakers at any WORLDSymposium event. Photography and recording for personal reference is allowed. However, attendees and media registrants may not share or republish any materials from WORLDSymposium events, including but not limited to slides, unpublished data, or presentation materials, without explicit written permission from the presenter and WORLDSymposium.
Poster Photo Policy: Attendees may take photos of posters ONLY if the poster author agrees. Authors who do not want their posters to be photographed will have to indicate as such on their posters. No other photography, or audio or video recording is allowed. Attendees who photograph or record poster information for which they have not obtained permission will be asked to leave the session immediately.
This policy aims to encourage presentation of the latest findings by protecting researchers sharing unpublished information, as well as prevent disruption in the session rooms.
Attendees are also asked to be respectful of their colleagues by silencing all mobile devices before entering meeting rooms. When registering, you are required to agree that you will adhere to this policy.
Yes. Emerging Trends: State-of-the-Art for Experts has a fee of $125 if registered on or before January 13, 2023; $175 if registered after January 13, 2023.
The Robert J. Gorlin Symposium has a registration fee of $75 if registered on or before January 13, 2023; $100 if registered after January 13, 2023.
WORLDSymposium does not provide an exhibit hall-only registration fee. In order to visit the exhibits, an attendee must purchase a full conference registration. If you are interested in a great opportunity to connect with over 3000 key members of the international lysosomal disease community, WORLDSymposium is the place!
Hotel reservations for individuals who are able to attend the live conference in Orlando opened August 1, 2022. Click here for more information and to make a reservation.
A limited block of discounted rooms ($279 + 12% tax and $37 fees) at the Hilton Orlando will be available until January 13, 2023 or when the room block fills, whichever comes first.
WORLDSymposium provides the following refreshments and meals, open to all registered attendees:
- Light breakfast in the foyer (Wednesday-Sunday)
- Morning and afternoon refreshment breaks in the exhibit hall (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Boxed lunch in the foyer (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Light refreshments and a cash bar in the foyer during evening networking events (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Light refreshments and a cash bar in the exhibit hall during afternoon poster receptions (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Light refreshments in the foyer during late afternoon satellites (Thursday and Friday)
The On Demand component of WORLDSymposium has no meals included in the registration fee.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation notices must be in writing and received by 4:30 PM Central Time on January 13, 2023 to be eligible for a refund. All cancellations are subject to a nonrefundable processing fee of 20% of all registration fees paid. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellation notices should be sent to email@example.com. Allow four weeks for processing.
If a registrant needs to cancel after January 13, 2023, the conference registration may be transferred to another person who is NOT already registered for the meeting. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be able to change or update your registration by entering your email and your confirmation number.
- Any time prior to January 13, 2023, any individual registered for the LIVE conference, may transfer their registration to the On Demand-only registration, and receive a full refund of the difference between the LIVE and On Demand rates. After January 13, 2023, any individual may still change their registration from LIVE to On Demand, but no refund will be applied. No exceptions.
- Anyone who is registered for On Demand only who wants to upgrade to LIVE registration may also do so any time prior to January 13, 2023 and pay the difference between the two early registration rates. After January 13, 2023, the attendee will be required to pay the difference between the late registration fee and the original amount paid.
- PLEASE NOTE: These changes can be done using the Modify Registration link. Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues changing registration from LIVE to On Demand or from On Demand to LIVE registration.
Registration payments can be made by check, credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa only) or wire transfer. We do not process phone or fax registrations.
WORLDSymposium is intended for healthcare professionals involved in the screening, diagnosis, management, and treatment of lysosomal diseases affecting both children and adults, with research and clinically relevant information geared specifically to the following professionals:
- Medical and clinical geneticists; genetic counselors; pediatricians; neurologists; psychologists; nurse practitioners; physician assistants; registered nurses; and all medical practitioners who are providing comprehensive diagnostic, management, and counseling services for patients with, or at risk for, lysosomal diseases.
- Laboratory directors and technicians involved in genetic testing.
- Researchers involved in lysosomal disorders and treatments.
- Clinical, laboratory and research trainees of genetics and all biomedical sciences with a focus on lysosomal diseases.
- Any healthcare and public health professionals who have an interest in medical and clinical genetics and genomics in the area of lysosomal diseases.
- Advocates for patients with lysosomal diseases and their families.
NOTE: Adult patients and adult family members are welcome to attend the educational sessions, however the content is intended for clinicians and researchers, and not targeted toward patients. Attendance for patients and family members is offered as an opportunity to obtain information pertinent to their personal journey and to connect with leading researchers and clinicians. Children under 18 are not allowed in any session.
WORLDSymposium will be conducting the Annual Research Conference as a live event and will be held, in its entirety, at the Hilton Orlando, Florida.
Registration Opens: August 1, 2022.
Advance Registration Deadline: January 13, 2023.
It is mutually agreed that in the event WORLDSymposium is cancelled in whole or in part, or the scheduled opening is cancelled or delayed, due to causes that are beyond the reasonable control of WORLDSymposium, such as disasters, strikes, earthquakes, flood, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of terrorism, health warning, advisory or directive, epidemic, pandemic, governmental regulations or any other circumstance beyond the control of WORLDSymposium that make it impossible or impractical to open or continue the event, then and thereupon the contract between Company and WORLDSymposium will automatically be terminated and Company hereby waives any and all claims against WORLDSymposium for damages, reimbursement, refunds or compensation.
Cancellation requests must be directed to WORLDSymposium by sending an email to the Exhibits & Logistics Manager, Gudrun Echterhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must be in writing on Company letterhead, and must be signed by the same person who signed the Sponsorship or Exhibitor Application. If cancellation is made on or before November 15, 2022, the fees will be refunded less a 20% administrative fee. No refunds whatsoever will be made on cancellations after November 15, 2022.
Login and submit a Sponsorship or Exhibitor Application at: https://sponsor.worldsymposia.org