WORLDSymposium is intended for healthcare professionals involved in the screening, diagnosis, management, and treatment of lysosomal diseases affecting both children and adults, with research and clinically relevant information geared specifically to the following professionals:
- Medical and clinical geneticists; genetic counselors; pediatricians; neurologists; psychologists; nurse practitioners; physician assistants; registered nurses; and all medical practitioners who are providing comprehensive diagnostic, management, and counseling services for patients with, or at risk for, lysosomal diseases.
- Laboratory directors and technicians involved in genetic testing.
- Researchers involved in lysosomal disorders and treatments.
- Clinical, laboratory and research trainees of genetics and all biomedical sciences with a focus on lysosomal diseases.
- Any healthcare and public health professionals who have an interest in medical and clinical genetics and genomics in the area of lysosomal diseases.
- Advocates for patients with lysosomal diseases and their families.
NOTE: Adult patients and adult family members are welcome to attend the educational sessions, however the content is intended for clinicians and researchers, and not targeted toward patients. Attendance for patients and family members is offered as an opportunity to obtain information pertinent to their personal journey and to connect with leading researchers and clinicians. Children under 18 are not allowed in any session.